Once a regular fixture in the Booth, Shawn Chrystopher has been absent from our pages since the July 2012 release of his lovestory mixtape. Today, the Los Angeles native breaks his silence with Minding My Business, a pensive new single off his similarly-titled freshman full-length. The opening line, “She wanna f**k, I don’t give one,” sets the tone for this low-key joint, which finds Chrys reflecting on his day-to-day hustle and the world around him in verses dripping with ennui. Despite the disaffected vibe, his bars remain on point, and the sampled instrumental backdrop (produced by the artist himself) is suitably moody and atmospheric. The Lovestory LP, Shawn Chrystopher’s debut studio album, is scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer. Stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the project, as well as the latest release details.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Inglewood emcee Shawn Chrystopher has unleashed his latest album-length collection of original material, The Lovestory LP, which is can be streamed in full here at The DJBooth. Considered by the artist to be his studio...
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.