Once a regular fixture in the Booth, Shawn Chrystopher has been absent from our pages since the July 2012 release of his lovestory mixtape. Today, the Los Angeles native breaks his silence with Minding My Business, a pensive new single off his similarly-titled freshman full-length. The opening line, “She wanna f**k, I don’t give one,” sets the tone for this low-key joint, which finds Chrys reflecting on his day-to-day hustle and the world around him in verses dripping with ennui. Despite the disaffected vibe, his bars remain on point, and the sampled instrumental backdrop (produced by the artist himself) is suitably moody and atmospheric. The Lovestory LP, Shawn Chrystopher’s debut studio album, is scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer. Stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the project, as well as the latest release details.
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.