Once a regular fixture in the Booth, Shawn Chrystopher has been absent from our pages since the July 2012 release of his lovestory mixtape. Today, the Los Angeles native breaks his silence with Minding My Business, a pensive new single off his similarly-titled freshman full-length. The opening line, “She wanna f**k, I don’t give one,” sets the tone for this low-key joint, which finds Chrys reflecting on his day-to-day hustle and the world around him in verses dripping with ennui. Despite the disaffected vibe, his bars remain on point, and the sampled instrumental backdrop (produced by the artist himself) is suitably moody and atmospheric. The Lovestory LP, Shawn Chrystopher’s debut studio album, is scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer. Stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the project, as well as the latest release details.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.