Shawn Chrystopher has been on his grind lately pushing Silent Films for the Blind, and with only a few singles out I can safely say I’m more excited about it then Lil B’s new album (I know, I know, it wasn’t as terrible as I wanted it to be, either). The Inglewood Hero is back at it again to inspire listeners with It’s My Time Now, an uplifting track in every sense. Chrys and co-producer Zaire Koalo are together behind the boards again, this time as the emcee dolls out advice that he’s learned while making a name for himself in the industry (my favorite being “f*** these hoes, but love your mothers”). While this might not be his most complex single, the boardwork and craftsmanship should place Time alongside the rest of his already-acclaimed portfolio that is SFFTB. If you’re feeling that it’s about time to grab a copy of Shawn’s latest project, you’ll have to wait just a little while longer (as it’s due out September 13).
Written by Sigurd on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.