Shawn Chrystopher has been on his grind lately pushing Silent Films for the Blind, and with only a few singles out I can safely say I’m more excited about it then Lil B’s new album (I know, I know, it wasn’t as terrible as I wanted it to be, either). The Inglewood Hero is back at it again to inspire listeners with It’s My Time Now, an uplifting track in every sense. Chrys and co-producer Zaire Koalo are together behind the boards again, this time as the emcee dolls out advice that he’s learned while making a name for himself in the industry (my favorite being “f*** these hoes, but love your mothers”). While this might not be his most complex single, the boardwork and craftsmanship should place Time alongside the rest of his already-acclaimed portfolio that is SFFTB. If you’re feeling that it’s about time to grab a copy of Shawn’s latest project, you’ll have to wait just a little while longer (as it’s due out September 13).
Written by Sigurd on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.