Shawn Chrystopher has been on his grind lately pushing Silent Films for the Blind, and with only a few singles out I can safely say I’m more excited about it then Lil B’s new album (I know, I know, it wasn’t as terrible as I wanted it to be, either). The Inglewood Hero is back at it again to inspire listeners with It’s My Time Now, an uplifting track in every sense. Chrys and co-producer Zaire Koalo are together behind the boards again, this time as the emcee dolls out advice that he’s learned while making a name for himself in the industry (my favorite being “f*** these hoes, but love your mothers”). While this might not be his most complex single, the boardwork and craftsmanship should place Time alongside the rest of his already-acclaimed portfolio that is SFFTB. If you’re feeling that it’s about time to grab a copy of Shawn’s latest project, you’ll have to wait just a little while longer (as it’s due out September 13).
Written by Sigurd on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.