Shawn Chrystopher has been on his grind lately pushing Silent Films for the Blind, and with only a few singles out I can safely say I’m more excited about it then Lil B’s new album (I know, I know, it wasn’t as terrible as I wanted it to be, either). The Inglewood Hero is back at it again to inspire listeners with It’s My Time Now, an uplifting track in every sense. Chrys and co-producer Zaire Koalo are together behind the boards again, this time as the emcee dolls out advice that he’s learned while making a name for himself in the industry (my favorite being “f*** these hoes, but love your mothers”). While this might not be his most complex single, the boardwork and craftsmanship should place Time alongside the rest of his already-acclaimed portfolio that is SFFTB. If you’re feeling that it’s about time to grab a copy of Shawn’s latest project, you’ll have to wait just a little while longer (as it’s due out September 13).
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!