When a relationship is going well there’s nothing better, but when it’s going bad? Oh man…that’s about as low as you can get. Unfortunately Booth favorite Shawn Chrystopher knows only too well the depths to which females can sink when relationships go south, but lucky for us he’s channeled his frustration into a banging new track aptly titled Heartbreaker. Production wise Chrystopher teams up with the fantastically named Zaire Koalo for a synth-heavy, percussively driven beat that perfectly emphasizes the anger and regret he feels, while behind the mic he brings in newcomer Chris Focus for a emotionally restrained verse. In terms of Chrystopher’s rhymes, I think the hook says it all: “I f**k up sometimes I admit, but when you f**k up you don’t say s**t.” It’s not Shakespeare, but I think we can all relate. Heartbreaker is off the deluxe edition of his debut album A City With No Seasons, set to hit iTunes on November 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.