When a relationship is going well there’s nothing better, but when it’s going bad? Oh man…that’s about as low as you can get. Unfortunately Booth favorite Shawn Chrystopher knows only too well the depths to which females can sink when relationships go south, but lucky for us he’s channeled his frustration into a banging new track aptly titled Heartbreaker. Production wise Chrystopher teams up with the fantastically named Zaire Koalo for a synth-heavy, percussively driven beat that perfectly emphasizes the anger and regret he feels, while behind the mic he brings in newcomer Chris Focus for a emotionally restrained verse. In terms of Chrystopher’s rhymes, I think the hook says it all: “I f**k up sometimes I admit, but when you f**k up you don’t say s**t.” It’s not Shakespeare, but I think we can all relate. Heartbreaker is off the deluxe edition of his debut album A City With No Seasons, set to hit iTunes on November 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.