When a relationship is going well there’s nothing better, but when it’s going bad? Oh man…that’s about as low as you can get. Unfortunately Booth favorite Shawn Chrystopher knows only too well the depths to which females can sink when relationships go south, but lucky for us he’s channeled his frustration into a banging new track aptly titled Heartbreaker. Production wise Chrystopher teams up with the fantastically named Zaire Koalo for a synth-heavy, percussively driven beat that perfectly emphasizes the anger and regret he feels, while behind the mic he brings in newcomer Chris Focus for a emotionally restrained verse. In terms of Chrystopher’s rhymes, I think the hook says it all: “I f**k up sometimes I admit, but when you f**k up you don’t say s**t.” It’s not Shakespeare, but I think we can all relate. Heartbreaker is off the deluxe edition of his debut album A City With No Seasons, set to hit iTunes on November 17.
Listen to More: Shawn Chrystopher
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.