When a relationship is going well there’s nothing better, but when it’s going bad? Oh man…that’s about as low as you can get. Unfortunately Booth favorite Shawn Chrystopher knows only too well the depths to which females can sink when relationships go south, but lucky for us he’s channeled his frustration into a banging new track aptly titled Heartbreaker. Production wise Chrystopher teams up with the fantastically named Zaire Koalo for a synth-heavy, percussively driven beat that perfectly emphasizes the anger and regret he feels, while behind the mic he brings in newcomer Chris Focus for a emotionally restrained verse. In terms of Chrystopher’s rhymes, I think the hook says it all: “I f**k up sometimes I admit, but when you f**k up you don’t say s**t.” It’s not Shakespeare, but I think we can all relate. Heartbreaker is off the deluxe edition of his debut album A City With No Seasons, set to hit iTunes on November 17.
Listen to More: Shawn Chrystopher Written by Nathan S.
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!