When a relationship is going well there’s nothing better, but when it’s going bad? Oh man…that’s about as low as you can get. Unfortunately Booth favorite Shawn Chrystopher knows only too well the depths to which females can sink when relationships go south, but lucky for us he’s channeled his frustration into a banging new track aptly titled Heartbreaker. Production wise Chrystopher teams up with the fantastically named Zaire Koalo for a synth-heavy, percussively driven beat that perfectly emphasizes the anger and regret he feels, while behind the mic he brings in newcomer Chris Focus for a emotionally restrained verse. In terms of Chrystopher’s rhymes, I think the hook says it all: “I f**k up sometimes I admit, but when you f**k up you don’t say s**t.” It’s not Shakespeare, but I think we can all relate. Heartbreaker is off the deluxe edition of his debut album A City With No Seasons, set to hit iTunes on November 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.