Even in the midst of a breezy summer romance, jealousy rarely fails to rear its ugly head. On his next independent full-length’s new single, making its world premiere on our front page, longtime DJBooth fave Shawn Chrystopher finds himself entertaining doubts about his steady girl’s fidelity. After numerous calls and all-caps texts, the Inglewood repper receives his response: “N**ga I hate you, and even though you ungrateful, I been Faithful.” PM provides a wistful, percussion-light backdrop for Chrys’s narrative bars. Summerlove is slated to drop August 12. In the meantime, of course we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/18/14
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.