“Yeah Inglewood…Inglewood always up to no good.” Since those lyrics were recited in 1996, followed by Omar Epps reppin’ for it in The Wood in 1999, there hasn’t been too much noise coming from Inglewood. Well, except for this guy named Shawn Chrystopher that reps it to the fullest on every project he drops. Shawn Chrys’ drive, hustle, hunger and passion aren’t always tangible items to pinpoint, but you can always hear them on his records. With today’s feature nothing changes as Shawn drops off Engine Running, the latest release from his upcoming project, Silent Films for the Blind. Co-produced by Shawn and Zaire Koalo, Engine Running is an ominous, yet thumping, cut full of dark keys and AK-47 inspired snares. Discussing the issues, challenges, and temptations facing the young spitter, Shawn lets us know that with all the struggles that are present he’ll stay on his grind and keep the Engine Running. Silent Films for the Blind drops September 13, be sure to check it out.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/8/11
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.