“Yeah Inglewood…Inglewood always up to no good.” Since those lyrics were recited in 1996, followed by Omar Epps reppin’ for it in The Wood in 1999, there hasn’t been too much noise coming from Inglewood. Well, except for this guy named Shawn Chrystopher that reps it to the fullest on every project he drops. Shawn Chrys’ drive, hustle, hunger and passion aren’t always tangible items to pinpoint, but you can always hear them on his records. With today’s feature nothing changes as Shawn drops off Engine Running, the latest release from his upcoming project, Silent Films for the Blind. Co-produced by Shawn and Zaire Koalo, Engine Running is an ominous, yet thumping, cut full of dark keys and AK-47 inspired snares. Discussing the issues, challenges, and temptations facing the young spitter, Shawn lets us know that with all the struggles that are present he’ll stay on his grind and keep the Engine Running. Silent Films for the Blind drops September 13, be sure to check it out.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/8/11
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.