Anytime you leave an Audition like Freestyle Series alum Shawn Chrystopher did, you feel on top of the world. Elated and overjoyed, you’ve earned the right to party. After all, you got the part. On Catch Me if You Can, the first single from his upcoming sophomore album, You, and Only You, Shawn is obviously feeling victorious, and after one listen I have to say he’s justified in feeling so. Over some sticky Cameron Wallace production, Shawn uses all the required club anthem motifs. There’s bragging about sex: “I hand out dick like Christmas gifts, one Shawn dick a day – that’s a fitness tip”, living like sitcom legends: “I got rings, trophies and a few banners, about to have a morning show like Danny Tanner” and chumming it up with LeBron. Crucially, the Inglewood native shows some musical dexterity here, proving he can make songs like All the Other Kids and club bangers. If you find yourself trying to catch up to Chrys, you’ll want focus your attention on him later this fall when You, and Only You drops October 19.
Written by Brando on 08/22/10
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.