Anytime you leave an Audition like Freestyle Series alum Shawn Chrystopher did, you feel on top of the world. Elated and overjoyed, you’ve earned the right to party. After all, you got the part. On Catch Me if You Can, the first single from his upcoming sophomore album, You, and Only You, Shawn is obviously feeling victorious, and after one listen I have to say he’s justified in feeling so. Over some sticky Cameron Wallace production, Shawn uses all the required club anthem motifs. There’s bragging about sex: “I hand out dick like Christmas gifts, one Shawn dick a day – that’s a fitness tip”, living like sitcom legends: “I got rings, trophies and a few banners, about to have a morning show like Danny Tanner” and chumming it up with LeBron. Crucially, the Inglewood native shows some musical dexterity here, proving he can make songs like All the Other Kids and club bangers. If you find yourself trying to catch up to Chrys, you’ll want focus your attention on him later this fall when You, and Only You drops October 19.
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.