Earlier this week, I traveled up to Maine to visit my folks. While it has been cloudy and rainy all week, gloomy weather didn’t stop me from going swimming. As soon as I jumped in, however, I knew I had made a mistake, because the water was only 60 degrees. I really should have taken a hint from Shawn Chrystopher and went to Miami’s Biscayne Bay instead. While the water in said Bay might be warmer, it isn’t nearly as hot as Chrystopher’s charismatic, quirky new record. In a crisp, powerful flow, Shawn keeps it light, rattling off a few bars that really showcase his personality and sense of humor. Chrystopher’s bars are so strong, in fact, that he manages to even-shine legendary producer Timbaland, who cooks up an edgier beat than one might expect. For more from the West Coast emcee, be sure to check out his next project, The Lovestory LP, which is slated for release later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)