Earlier this week, I traveled up to Maine to visit my folks. While it has been cloudy and rainy all week, gloomy weather didn’t stop me from going swimming. As soon as I jumped in, however, I knew I had made a mistake, because the water was only 60 degrees. I really should have taken a hint from Shawn Chrystopher and went to Miami’s Biscayne Bay instead. While the water in said Bay might be warmer, it isn’t nearly as hot as Chrystopher’s charismatic, quirky new record. In a crisp, powerful flow, Shawn keeps it light, rattling off a few bars that really showcase his personality and sense of humor. Chrystopher’s bars are so strong, in fact, that he manages to even-shine legendary producer Timbaland, who cooks up an edgier beat than one might expect. For more from the West Coast emcee, be sure to check out his next project, The Lovestory LP, which is slated for release later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.