Earlier this week, I traveled up to Maine to visit my folks. While it has been cloudy and rainy all week, gloomy weather didn’t stop me from going swimming. As soon as I jumped in, however, I knew I had made a mistake, because the water was only 60 degrees. I really should have taken a hint from Shawn Chrystopher and went to Miami’s Biscayne Bay instead. While the water in said Bay might be warmer, it isn’t nearly as hot as Chrystopher’s charismatic, quirky new record. In a crisp, powerful flow, Shawn keeps it light, rattling off a few bars that really showcase his personality and sense of humor. Chrystopher’s bars are so strong, in fact, that he manages to even-shine legendary producer Timbaland, who cooks up an edgier beat than one might expect. For more from the West Coast emcee, be sure to check out his next project, The Lovestory LP, which is slated for release later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.