For most rappers, flight is something to strive toward, a metaphor for success and the fast life they have long dreamed of achieving. On his latest single, Shaun Boothe turns that trope upside-down – literally. Let Me Go finds the T-dot native (and exclusive freestyle series alum) so faded that, if nothing were tethering him to Earth, he could easily tumble up into the great beyond like a helium balloon. Beatsmith Nineteen85‘s mellow, melodic instrumental, sampled from Swedish indie singer Lykke Li‘s Tonight, serves as backdrop for some uniquely bittersweet meditations on the subject of self-medication. While Boothe acknowledges that he’s using weed and liquor to momentarily escape from the daily grind, he clearly considers the vacation well-deserved: “They say you’re so much smarter sober, but so what? I got my whole life to grow up / And if it takes the edge off, I don’t mind being less sharp, sometimes that’s the best part.” Moderation in everything, especially moderation, right? Fans can keep it locked for the latest on Boothe’s Hip Hop in 3D LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Shaun Boothe Written by richard
Hip Hop in 3D
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music Man ft. Amanda Diva" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.