If you can see yourself rapping over your own beats (even the ones you give to other artists), then the producer-to-rapper transition should be a breeze (it worked for Timbaland, Pharrell, Kanye, and countless others). As a producer, Souldiggaz member Shaun Bless has always been about body-moving energy and eclecticism (see Let It Go, Portrait Of Love, Hey Baby (Jump Off), and Izza Kizza‘s entire Booth discography for proof), and those are precisely the qualities on which he’s building his solo career. On his debut single, the fledgling emcee heads down to the local spot to Shake and Bake with a few females. The artist’s mentor, Missy Elliott‘s background vocals are sure to get the crowd amped up, but it’s Bless and K-Mack‘s beat that makes this cut a club DJ’s wet dream. Listeners digging Shake N’ Bake are sure to like what Bless’ cooked up for debut full-length You Don’t Gotta Like My Album, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by Burmy on 08/4/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.