If you can see yourself rapping over your own beats (even the ones you give to other artists), then the producer-to-rapper transition should be a breeze (it worked for Timbaland, Pharrell, Kanye, and countless others). As a producer, Souldiggaz member Shaun Bless has always been about body-moving energy and eclecticism (see Let It Go, Portrait Of Love, Hey Baby (Jump Off), and Izza Kizza‘s entire Booth discography for proof), and those are precisely the qualities on which he’s building his solo career. On his debut single, the fledgling emcee heads down to the local spot to Shake and Bake with a few females. The artist’s mentor, Missy Elliott‘s background vocals are sure to get the crowd amped up, but it’s Bless and K-Mack‘s beat that makes this cut a club DJ’s wet dream. Listeners digging Shake N’ Bake are sure to like what Bless’ cooked up for debut full-length You Don’t Gotta Like My Album, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by Burmy on 08/4/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.