If you can see yourself rapping over your own beats (even the ones you give to other artists), then the producer-to-rapper transition should be a breeze (it worked for Timbaland, Pharrell, Kanye, and countless others). As a producer, Souldiggaz member Shaun Bless has always been about body-moving energy and eclecticism (see Let It Go, Portrait Of Love, Hey Baby (Jump Off), and Izza Kizza‘s entire Booth discography for proof), and those are precisely the qualities on which he’s building his solo career. On his debut single, the fledgling emcee heads down to the local spot to Shake and Bake with a few females. The artist’s mentor, Missy Elliott‘s background vocals are sure to get the crowd amped up, but it’s Bless and K-Mack‘s beat that makes this cut a club DJ’s wet dream. Listeners digging Shake N’ Bake are sure to like what Bless’ cooked up for debut full-length You Don’t Gotta Like My Album, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!