On her last feature, Shareefa successfully fended off a Homewrecker who wanted to get between her and her man. As R&B singers have a tendency to do, though, she’s gone straight from one sticky romantic situation to another; this cut, the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore set, finds her torn between her baby-daddy at home and a seductive male stripper at the local spot, wondering “Should I Stay... should I go?” If she stays there will be trouble, but if she leaves… oh, I used up my Clash reference on the last Shareefa track review? My bad. Dre & Vidal come with an interesting blend of sounds on the production tip, mixing bells, strings, guitar and spacey synth effects as Shareefa ponders whether she should listen to her heart (well, that and the Patron), or resist temptation and stay in her comfort zone. While the record ends without the singer reaching a conclusion, I have a feeling that R&B fans’ response will be anything but ambiguous. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further details on The Secret, which has yet to receive a solid release date from DTP/Geffen.
Written by richard on 09/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.