On her last feature, Shareefa successfully fended off a Homewrecker who wanted to get between her and her man. As R&B singers have a tendency to do, though, she’s gone straight from one sticky romantic situation to another; this cut, the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore set, finds her torn between her baby-daddy at home and a seductive male stripper at the local spot, wondering “Should I Stay... should I go?” If she stays there will be trouble, but if she leaves… oh, I used up my Clash reference on the last Shareefa track review? My bad. Dre & Vidal come with an interesting blend of sounds on the production tip, mixing bells, strings, guitar and spacey synth effects as Shareefa ponders whether she should listen to her heart (well, that and the Patron), or resist temptation and stay in her comfort zone. While the record ends without the singer reaching a conclusion, I have a feeling that R&B fans’ response will be anything but ambiguous. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further details on The Secret, which has yet to receive a solid release date from DTP/Geffen.
Written by richard on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.