On her last feature, Shareefa successfully fended off a Homewrecker who wanted to get between her and her man. As R&B singers have a tendency to do, though, she’s gone straight from one sticky romantic situation to another; this cut, the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore set, finds her torn between her baby-daddy at home and a seductive male stripper at the local spot, wondering “Should I Stay... should I go?” If she stays there will be trouble, but if she leaves… oh, I used up my Clash reference on the last Shareefa track review? My bad. Dre & Vidal come with an interesting blend of sounds on the production tip, mixing bells, strings, guitar and spacey synth effects as Shareefa ponders whether she should listen to her heart (well, that and the Patron), or resist temptation and stay in her comfort zone. While the record ends without the singer reaching a conclusion, I have a feeling that R&B fans’ response will be anything but ambiguous. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further details on The Secret, which has yet to receive a solid release date from DTP/Geffen.
Written by richard on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.