On her last feature, Shareefa successfully fended off a Homewrecker who wanted to get between her and her man. As R&B singers have a tendency to do, though, she’s gone straight from one sticky romantic situation to another; this cut, the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore set, finds her torn between her baby-daddy at home and a seductive male stripper at the local spot, wondering “Should I Stay... should I go?” If she stays there will be trouble, but if she leaves… oh, I used up my Clash reference on the last Shareefa track review? My bad. Dre & Vidal come with an interesting blend of sounds on the production tip, mixing bells, strings, guitar and spacey synth effects as Shareefa ponders whether she should listen to her heart (well, that and the Patron), or resist temptation and stay in her comfort zone. While the record ends without the singer reaching a conclusion, I have a feeling that R&B fans’ response will be anything but ambiguous. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further details on The Secret, which has yet to receive a solid release date from DTP/Geffen.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.