If I were to try and express how long Shareefa‘s been absent from our frontpage by stretching out my arms like a fisherman describing “the one that got away,” I’d probably end up dislocating my shoulders, so I’ll give it to you straight: the rising R&B starlet’s last feature was in February of ‘08 and, no, she hasn’t come any closer to dropping her sophomore set. She is, however, preparing to release a new mixtape – one which, judging by newly-leaked cut Homewrecker, might finally get her the attention she deserves. Here, the chilled-out synth boardwork of Don Cannon and the The Counsil sets the stage for a story that will sound familiar to all too many females. In summary: things were perfect between the singer and her man, until a friend began to worm her way between them. Now, the relationship’s falling to pieces before her eyes, and Shareefa don’t like it (”Rock the casbah, rock the casbah!” Sorry, couldn’t resist.). Craving more fresh new music from this talented DTP/Geffen signee? Keep it locked for further details on The Misunderstanding, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Shareefa
Written by richard on 07/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.