If I were to try and express how long Shareefa‘s been absent from our frontpage by stretching out my arms like a fisherman describing “the one that got away,” I’d probably end up dislocating my shoulders, so I’ll give it to you straight: the rising R&B starlet’s last feature was in February of ‘08 and, no, she hasn’t come any closer to dropping her sophomore set. She is, however, preparing to release a new mixtape – one which, judging by newly-leaked cut Homewrecker, might finally get her the attention she deserves. Here, the chilled-out synth boardwork of Don Cannon and the The Counsil sets the stage for a story that will sound familiar to all too many females. In summary: things were perfect between the singer and her man, until a friend began to worm her way between them. Now, the relationship’s falling to pieces before her eyes, and Shareefa don’t like it (”Rock the casbah, rock the casbah!” Sorry, couldn’t resist.). Craving more fresh new music from this talented DTP/Geffen signee? Keep it locked for further details on The Misunderstanding, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 07/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.