If I were to try and express how long Shareefa‘s been absent from our frontpage by stretching out my arms like a fisherman describing “the one that got away,” I’d probably end up dislocating my shoulders, so I’ll give it to you straight: the rising R&B starlet’s last feature was in February of ‘08 and, no, she hasn’t come any closer to dropping her sophomore set. She is, however, preparing to release a new mixtape – one which, judging by newly-leaked cut Homewrecker, might finally get her the attention she deserves. Here, the chilled-out synth boardwork of Don Cannon and the The Counsil sets the stage for a story that will sound familiar to all too many females. In summary: things were perfect between the singer and her man, until a friend began to worm her way between them. Now, the relationship’s falling to pieces before her eyes, and Shareefa don’t like it (”Rock the casbah, rock the casbah!” Sorry, couldn’t resist.). Craving more fresh new music from this talented DTP/Geffen signee? Keep it locked for further details on The Misunderstanding, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 07/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Fire ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.