On hearing the intro to Booth newcomer Sharam‘s She Came Along, I did a double-take, plugged in my headphones, and started the track over. I had to listen to that opening fade-in three or four times just to wrap my head around how smooth it is—if the Arlington, Virginia producer wasn’t dressed as a cowboy, I’d swear he was some kind of wizard. Based around a sample from Patsy Cline’s Strange, Sharam’s instrumental is the undisputed star of the cut, which is high praise considering you’ve also got up-and-comer Kid CuDi on the mic; pleading with an ex who left him for another woman, he spits, “Didn’t anybody tell you sex is better in threes?” It’s completely weird—weirder still, it all adds up to a cohesive whole; the end result sounds like country-rap from some bangin’ alternate dimension, and, judging by Sharam’s promo photos, that’s exactly what he was going for. The producer’s latest studio album, Get Wild, is available now digitally, and is scheduled to hit store shelves April 7th.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.