On hearing the intro to Booth newcomer Sharam‘s She Came Along, I did a double-take, plugged in my headphones, and started the track over. I had to listen to that opening fade-in three or four times just to wrap my head around how smooth it is—if the Arlington, Virginia producer wasn’t dressed as a cowboy, I’d swear he was some kind of wizard. Based around a sample from Patsy Cline’s Strange, Sharam’s instrumental is the undisputed star of the cut, which is high praise considering you’ve also got up-and-comer Kid CuDi on the mic; pleading with an ex who left him for another woman, he spits, “Didn’t anybody tell you sex is better in threes?” It’s completely weird—weirder still, it all adds up to a cohesive whole; the end result sounds like country-rap from some bangin’ alternate dimension, and, judging by Sharam’s promo photos, that’s exactly what he was going for. The producer’s latest studio album, Get Wild, is available now digitally, and is scheduled to hit store shelves April 7th.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.