On hearing the intro to Booth newcomer Sharam‘s She Came Along, I did a double-take, plugged in my headphones, and started the track over. I had to listen to that opening fade-in three or four times just to wrap my head around how smooth it is—if the Arlington, Virginia producer wasn’t dressed as a cowboy, I’d swear he was some kind of wizard. Based around a sample from Patsy Cline’s Strange, Sharam’s instrumental is the undisputed star of the cut, which is high praise considering you’ve also got up-and-comer Kid CuDi on the mic; pleading with an ex who left him for another woman, he spits, “Didn’t anybody tell you sex is better in threes?” It’s completely weird—weirder still, it all adds up to a cohesive whole; the end result sounds like country-rap from some bangin’ alternate dimension, and, judging by Sharam’s promo photos, that’s exactly what he was going for. The producer’s latest studio album, Get Wild, is available now digitally, and is scheduled to hit store shelves April 7th.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.