The DJBooth is a great place for talented up-and-comers to showcase their skills and (hopefully) grab a few fans so, when the Opportunity Knocks, you would be wise to follow through like ShaqIsDope. Looking to build a buzz for his upcoming project, Early Beginnings:The Shaquille Baptiste Story, Shaq seizes the opportunity and knocks it out of the park. Setting the stage on this lyrically-driven cut, producer Pitt Tha Kid cooks up a loosely-structured, chiming beat. Though the beat is staggered and airy, it doesn’t give Shaq any trouble. He laces the instrumental with some dense, introspective bars, delivering his rhymes in a crisp, unabashed flow. While you wait for the aforementioned project, why not check out Shaq’s other Booth features, starting with November’s Just Believe?
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty California" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.