The DJBooth is a great place for talented up-and-comers to showcase their skills and (hopefully) grab a few fans so, when the Opportunity Knocks, you would be wise to follow through like ShaqIsDope. Looking to build a buzz for his upcoming project, Early Beginnings:The Shaquille Baptiste Story, Shaq seizes the opportunity and knocks it out of the park. Setting the stage on this lyrically-driven cut, producer Pitt Tha Kid cooks up a loosely-structured, chiming beat. Though the beat is staggered and airy, it doesn’t give Shaq any trouble. He laces the instrumental with some dense, introspective bars, delivering his rhymes in a crisp, unabashed flow. While you wait for the aforementioned project, why not check out Shaq’s other Booth features, starting with November’s Just Believe?
Written by Lucas G. on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty California" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.