Just a few short weeks after earning positive Booth reviews for Opportunity Knocks, ShaqIsDope returns to our pages with another fresh single off his forthcoming street album. On this downbeat cut, the T-Dot representative reflects on the monotony of his daily grind and wonders if he might not be Living in a Dream. Lucky for fans, his skeptical outlook hasn’t diminished his determination to succeed—awake or asleep, he’s gonna get his shine. Over Muvafux‘s production, a pensive, trap-tinged flip of Lakeview’s Visions of My Mind, Shaq assures us that it’s only a matter of time before he’s clawed his way to the game’s apex: “My future’s set in stone / This some heat to set the tone.” Topped off with some head-spinning double-time flows, this cut is just one of many quality jams slated to appear on Early Beginnings:The Shaquille Baptiste Story. Watch for the project to drop digitally this Wednesday, February 26.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty California" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.