Just a few short weeks after earning positive Booth reviews for Opportunity Knocks, ShaqIsDope returns to our pages with another fresh single off his forthcoming street album. On this downbeat cut, the T-Dot representative reflects on the monotony of his daily grind and wonders if he might not be Living in a Dream. Lucky for fans, his skeptical outlook hasn’t diminished his determination to succeed—awake or asleep, he’s gonna get his shine. Over Muvafux‘s production, a pensive, trap-tinged flip of Lakeview’s Visions of My Mind, Shaq assures us that it’s only a matter of time before he’s clawed his way to the game’s apex: “My future’s set in stone / This some heat to set the tone.” Topped off with some head-spinning double-time flows, this cut is just one of many quality jams slated to appear on Early Beginnings:The Shaquille Baptiste Story. Watch for the project to drop digitally this Wednesday, February 26.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty California" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.