I know it might sound surprising, but you have to Just Believe me when I say that this is only ShaqIsDope’s second Booth feature ever. (It’s also a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) His first was March’s Dirty California, in case you were wondering. In a crystal-clear flow that would make the most experienced emcee envious, Shaq showcases his potent, passionate mic style. Zach Lyda‘s echoing beat is on the softer side, thanks to the velvety sample, but this record is anything but lightweight. Shaq posses all the power the track needs, both in his flow and his thoughtful, engaging lyrics. If you dug Just Believe, be on the lookout for the artist’s next project, Black Frames.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty California" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.