Is it just me, or is today a great day for a power ballad? It’s probably just me, but maybe after hearing Hannah Montana alumna Shanica Knowles’ The DJBooth debut single, Bring On The Rush, I’m sure you’ll share my sentiments. While she may be related to a certain pop/R&B sensation don’t get it twisted – Shanica Knowles is no slouch. She comes out the gate full throttle with soaring vocals and a brooding piano-laden melody which she co-produced along with Tommy Hubbard and Rich Zahniser. For those keeping score, she’s wearing the actress-singer-writer-producer hat and making it look easy. Some people just hog all the talent. Her debut project, Chocolate Covered Blonde, is still underway, but you can still catch her on reruns of MTV’s #1 show Awkward, and of course look out for more of her music right here. And you know you want to sing this loudly and off-key into your showerhead next time you’re in there – it’s okay, we’re not here to judge.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.