Is it just me, or is today a great day for a power ballad? It’s probably just me, but maybe after hearing Hannah Montana alumna Shanica Knowles’ The DJBooth debut single, Bring On The Rush, I’m sure you’ll share my sentiments. While she may be related to a certain pop/R&B sensation don’t get it twisted – Shanica Knowles is no slouch. She comes out the gate full throttle with soaring vocals and a brooding piano-laden melody which she co-produced along with Tommy Hubbard and Rich Zahniser. For those keeping score, she’s wearing the actress-singer-writer-producer hat and making it look easy. Some people just hog all the talent. Her debut project, Chocolate Covered Blonde, is still underway, but you can still catch her on reruns of MTV’s #1 show Awkward, and of course look out for more of her music right here. And you know you want to sing this loudly and off-key into your showerhead next time you’re in there – it’s okay, we’re not here to judge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.