Is it just me, or is today a great day for a power ballad? It’s probably just me, but maybe after hearing Hannah Montana alumna Shanica Knowles’ The DJBooth debut single, Bring On The Rush, I’m sure you’ll share my sentiments. While she may be related to a certain pop/R&B sensation don’t get it twisted – Shanica Knowles is no slouch. She comes out the gate full throttle with soaring vocals and a brooding piano-laden melody which she co-produced along with Tommy Hubbard and Rich Zahniser. For those keeping score, she’s wearing the actress-singer-writer-producer hat and making it look easy. Some people just hog all the talent. Her debut project, Chocolate Covered Blonde, is still underway, but you can still catch her on reruns of MTV’s #1 show Awkward, and of course look out for more of her music right here. And you know you want to sing this loudly and off-key into your showerhead next time you’re in there – it’s okay, we’re not here to judge.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.