Here to represent the “softer, sexier side of Young Money” (to quote her MySpace page), newly-signed singer Shanell has teamed up with her label boss and an R&B big-name to take listeners on a trip to The Other Side. The other side of what, you ask? Um, beats me… The details, of course, hardly matter when a track is as driving and danceable as this buzz single, which finds the singer showing off her (Auto-Tuned) vocal stylings over the compulsively body-moving boardwork of David Guetta (complete with a rock-influenced intro that feels like it could have carried an entire song on its own). Weezy amps up the star power with a brief, slightly baffling opening verse, threatening (promising?) to “...turn that b*tch into a butterfly,” and Ne-Yo rounds out the lineup, waxing poetic about his fedora and his passion for dance on the back end. Other Side is set to appear on a project whose title and release date have yet to be determined – keep it locked for all the latest!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Calling Out" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!