Here to represent the “softer, sexier side of Young Money” (to quote her MySpace page), newly-signed singer Shanell has teamed up with her label boss and an R&B big-name to take listeners on a trip to The Other Side. The other side of what, you ask? Um, beats me… The details, of course, hardly matter when a track is as driving and danceable as this buzz single, which finds the singer showing off her (Auto-Tuned) vocal stylings over the compulsively body-moving boardwork of David Guetta (complete with a rock-influenced intro that feels like it could have carried an entire song on its own). Weezy amps up the star power with a brief, slightly baffling opening verse, threatening (promising?) to “...turn that b*tch into a butterfly,” and Ne-Yo rounds out the lineup, waxing poetic about his fedora and his passion for dance on the back end. Other Side is set to appear on a project whose title and release date have yet to be determined – keep it locked for all the latest!
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Calling Out" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.