Here to represent the “softer, sexier side of Young Money” (to quote her MySpace page), newly-signed singer Shanell has teamed up with her label boss and an R&B big-name to take listeners on a trip to The Other Side. The other side of what, you ask? Um, beats me… The details, of course, hardly matter when a track is as driving and danceable as this buzz single, which finds the singer showing off her (Auto-Tuned) vocal stylings over the compulsively body-moving boardwork of David Guetta (complete with a rock-influenced intro that feels like it could have carried an entire song on its own). Weezy amps up the star power with a brief, slightly baffling opening verse, threatening (promising?) to “...turn that b*tch into a butterfly,” and Ne-Yo rounds out the lineup, waxing poetic about his fedora and his passion for dance on the back end. Other Side is set to appear on a project whose title and release date have yet to be determined – keep it locked for all the latest!
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Calling Out" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.