In the hypersexualized world of pop and R&B, it’s nice to hear a singer like Young Money up-and-comer Shanell addressing life’s more mundane frustrations: y’know, like when you’re getting dressed, and you have a stubborn button that just won’t stay fastened. Wait… never mind, I see where this is going. If you haven’t guessed, My Button is actually an unusual take on the all-too-common theme of female sexual disappointment. Hit-Boy‘s innocently catchy synth/piano production serves as the canvas for a veritable bucket-load of innuendo. Addressing a crucial part of the female anatomy, the artist encourages it to make the best of of an underwhelming sexual encounter; and, when it’s clear that satisfaction isn’t in the cards, she urges it to sit tight till the man in question is out the door, at which point they’ll enjoy a little alone time. The cheerily risque result sounds a little like something you might hear in an X-rated Disney musical – I’ll leave it to y’all to decide whether that’s good or bad. If this joint succeeded in pushing your buttons (no, not in that way), you’ll want to keep it locked for details on Shanell’s debut set, whose title and release date are currently unknown.
Listen to More: Shanell
Written by richard on 04/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Other Side" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.