As anyone who’s watched Sliding Doors knows, sometimes the difference between success and defeat, love and loss is only a matter of seconds. But hey, lets not get caught up in the fact that I just admitted I’ve seen a Gwenyth Paltrow chick flick – instead I’d like to direct your attention to Shanell’s 2 Seconds Too Late. Cash Money’s new alternative songstress, Shanell continues to add to her impressively growing DJBooth catalog with 2 Seconds, grabbing producer Catalyst for a beat that veers cleanly between pop, R&B and guitar-laced rock. But it’s the headliner’s vocals that truly elevate this one as Shanell displays a range and emotionality we haven’t necessarily heard from her before, letting her man know that it’s just too little, too late to win back her heart. I don’t want to prejudice our commenters, like you guys ever listen to me anyway, but this sounds like a hit to me. No word yet on a release date for her upcoming, heavily punctuated album Nobody’s @*#$!, but you can count on the Booth to be right on time with the details. Get it? Right on time? Nevermind.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Other Side" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.