As anyone who’s watched Sliding Doors knows, sometimes the difference between success and defeat, love and loss is only a matter of seconds. But hey, lets not get caught up in the fact that I just admitted I’ve seen a Gwenyth Paltrow chick flick – instead I’d like to direct your attention to Shanell’s 2 Seconds Too Late. Cash Money’s new alternative songstress, Shanell continues to add to her impressively growing DJBooth catalog with 2 Seconds, grabbing producer Catalyst for a beat that veers cleanly between pop, R&B and guitar-laced rock. But it’s the headliner’s vocals that truly elevate this one as Shanell displays a range and emotionality we haven’t necessarily heard from her before, letting her man know that it’s just too little, too late to win back her heart. I don’t want to prejudice our commenters, like you guys ever listen to me anyway, but this sounds like a hit to me. No word yet on a release date for her upcoming, heavily punctuated album Nobody’s @*#$!, but you can count on the Booth to be right on time with the details. Get it? Right on time? Nevermind.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Other Side" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.