As anyone who’s watched Sliding Doors knows, sometimes the difference between success and defeat, love and loss is only a matter of seconds. But hey, lets not get caught up in the fact that I just admitted I’ve seen a Gwenyth Paltrow chick flick – instead I’d like to direct your attention to Shanell’s 2 Seconds Too Late. Cash Money’s new alternative songstress, Shanell continues to add to her impressively growing DJBooth catalog with 2 Seconds, grabbing producer Catalyst for a beat that veers cleanly between pop, R&B and guitar-laced rock. But it’s the headliner’s vocals that truly elevate this one as Shanell displays a range and emotionality we haven’t necessarily heard from her before, letting her man know that it’s just too little, too late to win back her heart. I don’t want to prejudice our commenters, like you guys ever listen to me anyway, but this sounds like a hit to me. No word yet on a release date for her upcoming, heavily punctuated album Nobody’s @*#$!, but you can count on the Booth to be right on time with the details. Get it? Right on time? Nevermind.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Other Side" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.