As anyone who’s watched Sliding Doors knows, sometimes the difference between success and defeat, love and loss is only a matter of seconds. But hey, lets not get caught up in the fact that I just admitted I’ve seen a Gwenyth Paltrow chick flick – instead I’d like to direct your attention to Shanell’s 2 Seconds Too Late. Cash Money’s new alternative songstress, Shanell continues to add to her impressively growing DJBooth catalog with 2 Seconds, grabbing producer Catalyst for a beat that veers cleanly between pop, R&B and guitar-laced rock. But it’s the headliner’s vocals that truly elevate this one as Shanell displays a range and emotionality we haven’t necessarily heard from her before, letting her man know that it’s just too little, too late to win back her heart. I don’t want to prejudice our commenters, like you guys ever listen to me anyway, but this sounds like a hit to me. No word yet on a release date for her upcoming, heavily punctuated album Nobody’s @*#$!, but you can count on the Booth to be right on time with the details. Get it? Right on time? Nevermind.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Other Side" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.