With his last feature, the prophetically titled I’m a Winner, Shane Eli made clear that Grey Area and Knuckle Up were only the beginning of a bona fide hot streak. On mixtape leak numero cuatro (another world premiere!), the West Coast hopeful drives the point home, informing fans that what they’ve heard thus far is only a Taste of What’s to Come. As usual, Eli handles the production and mic duties and, as usual, he delivers something totally different from his past work. Here, a Dre-esque blend of “keys over cello strings,” backed by a bouncy, stop-start percussion rhythm, sets the stage for braggadocio-drenched verses, which find Eli adopting an infectious, switched up flow as he spells out the extent of his ambitions: “I won’t stop till there’s Grammys on my wall.” If (when?) he makes it that far, you’re all going to remember where you heard him first, right? Those who enjoyed this Taste of What’s to Come can expect a veritable smorgasboard when DJBooth.net Presents: The Push hits our front page – keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.