With his last feature, the prophetically titled I’m a Winner, Shane Eli made clear that Grey Area and Knuckle Up were only the beginning of a bona fide hot streak. On mixtape leak numero cuatro (another world premiere!), the West Coast hopeful drives the point home, informing fans that what they’ve heard thus far is only a Taste of What’s to Come. As usual, Eli handles the production and mic duties and, as usual, he delivers something totally different from his past work. Here, a Dre-esque blend of “keys over cello strings,” backed by a bouncy, stop-start percussion rhythm, sets the stage for braggadocio-drenched verses, which find Eli adopting an infectious, switched up flow as he spells out the extent of his ambitions: “I won’t stop till there’s Grammys on my wall.” If (when?) he makes it that far, you’re all going to remember where you heard him first, right? Those who enjoyed this Taste of What’s to Come can expect a veritable smorgasboard when DJBooth.net Presents: The Push hits our front page – keep it locked for release details!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.