With the #Occupy movement continuing to gain steam and the global political mood seeming to grow more turbulent with each passing day, remaining neutral is no longer an option. On newly-released promo single Us vs. Them (W.A.R.), Booth fave Shane Eli throws in his lot with the 99%, delivering an aggressive yet poetic account of the battle against tyranny over his own hard-edged, rock-meets-opera (yes, opera) production. While this joint isn’t attached to any larger effort, fans can look forward to two new projects from Shane Eli—The Flip and Enough Love—in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.