With the #Occupy movement continuing to gain steam and the global political mood seeming to grow more turbulent with each passing day, remaining neutral is no longer an option. On newly-released promo single Us vs. Them (W.A.R.), Booth fave Shane Eli throws in his lot with the 99%, delivering an aggressive yet poetic account of the battle against tyranny over his own hard-edged, rock-meets-opera (yes, opera) production. While this joint isn’t attached to any larger effort, fans can look forward to two new projects from Shane Eli—The Flip and Enough Love—in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.