With the kind of work Shane Eli‘s been producing, it’s only a matter of time before he gets on—that is, if his breakthrough comes before his equally imminent break down. On Prelude to a Kill, the first song release off his next studio album, the Los Angeles-repping emcee and producer admits that his anxiety has been mounting in tandem with his rising status in the game. Not that he’s considering quitting: over his own eerie, tension-fraught production, Eli makes clear that he’s either going to save the industry, or die trying. Released along with artistic visuals by ShootFilmNotDrugs, this record is slated for inclusion on the currently-unscheduled Enough Love. While waiting for further news and tunes, fans can also check out The Plug, Shane’s December 2012 collaborative EP with League of Extraordinary G’z.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.