With the kind of work Shane Eli‘s been producing, it’s only a matter of time before he gets on—that is, if his breakthrough comes before his equally imminent break down. On Prelude to a Kill, the first song release off his next studio album, the Los Angeles-repping emcee and producer admits that his anxiety has been mounting in tandem with his rising status in the game. Not that he’s considering quitting: over his own eerie, tension-fraught production, Eli makes clear that he’s either going to save the industry, or die trying. Released along with artistic visuals by ShootFilmNotDrugs, this record is slated for inclusion on the currently-unscheduled Enough Love. While waiting for further news and tunes, fans can also check out The Plug, Shane’s December 2012 collaborative EP with League of Extraordinary G’z.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.