With the kind of work Shane Eli‘s been producing, it’s only a matter of time before he gets on—that is, if his breakthrough comes before his equally imminent break down. On Prelude to a Kill, the first song release off his next studio album, the Los Angeles-repping emcee and producer admits that his anxiety has been mounting in tandem with his rising status in the game. Not that he’s considering quitting: over his own eerie, tension-fraught production, Eli makes clear that he’s either going to save the industry, or die trying. Released along with artistic visuals by ShootFilmNotDrugs, this record is slated for inclusion on the currently-unscheduled Enough Love. While waiting for further news and tunes, fans can also check out The Plug, Shane’s December 2012 collaborative EP with League of Extraordinary G’z.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.