To say that Shane Eli‘s last feature made an impact would be an early candidate for Understatement of the Year. How is the Cali phenom ever gonna follow up the (dare I say) classic When We Were Kings? Well, he’s just gonna do what he always does: create something fresh, unique and completely different from what came before. On nocturnal banger The Night Is Young (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) smoldering synths, handclap percussion and atmospheric vocal samples set the mood for sensual relaxation, and the freestyle series alum delivers rhymes to match. Alone for the evening with a special female, he encourages her to “release those inhibitions” and tell him her deepest thoughts and feelings before they get down to some physical therapy. A bedroom burner this fresh deserves a high-caliber R&B hook, and Jason Caesar provides just that, delivering more of the silky vocals he used to Relax (Your Mind) on his Booth debut. Yet another unique addition to one of the most consistent and eclectic track records we’ve seen in the Booth, this cut and much more can be found on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.