To say that Shane Eli‘s last feature made an impact would be an early candidate for Understatement of the Year. How is the Cali phenom ever gonna follow up the (dare I say) classic When We Were Kings? Well, he’s just gonna do what he always does: create something fresh, unique and completely different from what came before. On nocturnal banger The Night Is Young (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) smoldering synths, handclap percussion and atmospheric vocal samples set the mood for sensual relaxation, and the freestyle series alum delivers rhymes to match. Alone for the evening with a special female, he encourages her to “release those inhibitions” and tell him her deepest thoughts and feelings before they get down to some physical therapy. A bedroom burner this fresh deserves a high-caliber R&B hook, and Jason Caesar provides just that, delivering more of the silky vocals he used to Relax (Your Mind) on his Booth debut. Yet another unique addition to one of the most consistent and eclectic track records we’ve seen in the Booth, this cut and much more can be found on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, due out March 29.
Written by richard on 03/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.