As we’re all (some of us painfully) aware, tomorrow is the day when romance reigns supreme and couples everywhere get to trumpet their affection for one another while singletons look on wistfully. If you’re dreading the prospect of another Valentine’s Day alone, though, there is still time to strike up a steamy affair; on mixtape leak I Love You (Kinda), making its world premiere in the Booth, reader fave Shane Eli demonstrates that, with the help of a little liquor and some body-moving grooves, you too can can socked in the face by Cupid’s boxing glove in time for the big evening. Over his own synth-accented soul production, the freestyle series alum recounts how a close encounter on the dancefloor and a little Twitter-flirting (Twirting?) quickly developed into something more. Throughout, the L.A. native emphasizes the breakneck speed with which attraction turned to lust (and… just maybe… love?) by dropping some of the most head-spinning flows we’ve heard from him to date. Digging this ode to whirlwind romance? More fresh, innovative jams await on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, set to hit our mixtape page in March.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.