As we’re all (some of us painfully) aware, tomorrow is the day when romance reigns supreme and couples everywhere get to trumpet their affection for one another while singletons look on wistfully. If you’re dreading the prospect of another Valentine’s Day alone, though, there is still time to strike up a steamy affair; on mixtape leak I Love You (Kinda), making its world premiere in the Booth, reader fave Shane Eli demonstrates that, with the help of a little liquor and some body-moving grooves, you too can can socked in the face by Cupid’s boxing glove in time for the big evening. Over his own synth-accented soul production, the freestyle series alum recounts how a close encounter on the dancefloor and a little Twitter-flirting (Twirting?) quickly developed into something more. Throughout, the L.A. native emphasizes the breakneck speed with which attraction turned to lust (and… just maybe… love?) by dropping some of the most head-spinning flows we’ve heard from him to date. Digging this ode to whirlwind romance? More fresh, innovative jams await on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, set to hit our mixtape page in March.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.