As we’re all (some of us painfully) aware, tomorrow is the day when romance reigns supreme and couples everywhere get to trumpet their affection for one another while singletons look on wistfully. If you’re dreading the prospect of another Valentine’s Day alone, though, there is still time to strike up a steamy affair; on mixtape leak I Love You (Kinda), making its world premiere in the Booth, reader fave Shane Eli demonstrates that, with the help of a little liquor and some body-moving grooves, you too can can socked in the face by Cupid’s boxing glove in time for the big evening. Over his own synth-accented soul production, the freestyle series alum recounts how a close encounter on the dancefloor and a little Twitter-flirting (Twirting?) quickly developed into something more. Throughout, the L.A. native emphasizes the breakneck speed with which attraction turned to lust (and… just maybe… love?) by dropping some of the most head-spinning flows we’ve heard from him to date. Digging this ode to whirlwind romance? More fresh, innovative jams await on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, set to hit our mixtape page in March.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.