As we’re all (some of us painfully) aware, tomorrow is the day when romance reigns supreme and couples everywhere get to trumpet their affection for one another while singletons look on wistfully. If you’re dreading the prospect of another Valentine’s Day alone, though, there is still time to strike up a steamy affair; on mixtape leak I Love You (Kinda), making its world premiere in the Booth, reader fave Shane Eli demonstrates that, with the help of a little liquor and some body-moving grooves, you too can can socked in the face by Cupid’s boxing glove in time for the big evening. Over his own synth-accented soul production, the freestyle series alum recounts how a close encounter on the dancefloor and a little Twitter-flirting (Twirting?) quickly developed into something more. Throughout, the L.A. native emphasizes the breakneck speed with which attraction turned to lust (and… just maybe… love?) by dropping some of the most head-spinning flows we’ve heard from him to date. Digging this ode to whirlwind romance? More fresh, innovative jams await on Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP, set to hit our mixtape page in March.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)