Good things may not always come to those who wait – if the damn thing wasn’t on track for release (knock on wood), I’d make a Detox joke here – but Booth favorite Shane Eli isn’t about to leave his loyal fans high and dry. Though his sophomore full-length has been pushed back, the freestyle series alum (and recent DJBoothTV interviewee) is back with a little something to tide listeners over till its imminent arrival. Making its world premiere in the Booth, Let’s Ride finds the multi-talented Cali repper deploying a sample that discerning ears may recognize from Dee-1‘s Jay, 50 and Weezy (though Eli personally assured me that he flipped it first). A funky loop drawn from Marlena Shaw’s Where Can I Go sets the mood for braggadociously freaky bars from the headliner and two ATL-based collaborators; Playboy Tre details some auto-erotic activity (and drops an eminently appropriate UGK reference) on the middle, and White Jesus emcee Rittz brings the joint to a strong finish with some characteristically blistering staccato flows. Eli’s Booth-sponsored I Can Do Better LP has yet to receive a drop date, but don’t touch that dial – fans can expect that to change very soon.
Written by richard on 04/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.