With the rave Booth reviews he garnered for previously-featured cuts Grey Area and Knuckle Up, Shane Eli has every reason to feel like a champ – but even the highest praise from outside parties is no replacement for a healthy dose of self-esteem. On newly-leaked mixtape cut I’m a Winner (making its world premiere in the Booth!), the L.A. hopeful gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back, taking a lyrical victory lap over his own upbeat, organ-laced production. There’s no denying Eli’s mic skills, or his versatility on both sides of the boards – could he be destined, as he prophesizes here, to develop into “greatest of all time” material?” It’s a little (OK, a lot) early to start speculating, but we can’t discount the possibility. In the meantime, fans can look forward to hearing plenty more from this prodigiously talented up-and-comer on his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored mixtape, The Push.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.