With the rave Booth reviews he garnered for previously-featured cuts Grey Area and Knuckle Up, Shane Eli has every reason to feel like a champ – but even the highest praise from outside parties is no replacement for a healthy dose of self-esteem. On newly-leaked mixtape cut I’m a Winner (making its world premiere in the Booth!), the L.A. hopeful gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back, taking a lyrical victory lap over his own upbeat, organ-laced production. There’s no denying Eli’s mic skills, or his versatility on both sides of the boards – could he be destined, as he prophesizes here, to develop into “greatest of all time” material?” It’s a little (OK, a lot) early to start speculating, but we can’t discount the possibility. In the meantime, fans can look forward to hearing plenty more from this prodigiously talented up-and-comer on his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored mixtape, The Push.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.