With the rave Booth reviews he garnered for previously-featured cuts Grey Area and Knuckle Up, Shane Eli has every reason to feel like a champ – but even the highest praise from outside parties is no replacement for a healthy dose of self-esteem. On newly-leaked mixtape cut I’m a Winner (making its world premiere in the Booth!), the L.A. hopeful gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back, taking a lyrical victory lap over his own upbeat, organ-laced production. There’s no denying Eli’s mic skills, or his versatility on both sides of the boards – could he be destined, as he prophesizes here, to develop into “greatest of all time” material?” It’s a little (OK, a lot) early to start speculating, but we can’t discount the possibility. In the meantime, fans can look forward to hearing plenty more from this prodigiously talented up-and-comer on his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored mixtape, The Push.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)