With the rave Booth reviews he garnered for previously-featured cuts Grey Area and Knuckle Up, Shane Eli has every reason to feel like a champ – but even the highest praise from outside parties is no replacement for a healthy dose of self-esteem. On newly-leaked mixtape cut I’m a Winner (making its world premiere in the Booth!), the L.A. hopeful gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back, taking a lyrical victory lap over his own upbeat, organ-laced production. There’s no denying Eli’s mic skills, or his versatility on both sides of the boards – could he be destined, as he prophesizes here, to develop into “greatest of all time” material?” It’s a little (OK, a lot) early to start speculating, but we can’t discount the possibility. In the meantime, fans can look forward to hearing plenty more from this prodigiously talented up-and-comer on his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored mixtape, The Push.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.