Since Shane Eli‘s made his Booth debut back in mid-April, we’ve heard the Los Angeles rapper/producer craft everything from hater-baiting bangers, to mellow reflections on racial identity, to uplifting motivational anthems, to bittersweet chronicles of impossible love... but, can he also keep the club rocking? Well, yeah – as evidenced by I’m Different, the latest world premiere off Eli’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, he most definitely can. Over his own densely-layered blend of simmering synths and handclap percussion, the artist showcases his knack for lyrical stunting. As usual, though, he tempers his braggadocio and game-spitting with some real talk: “You fist-pump, you laugh, you get foolish / Cause bein’ you is exactly what cool is.” Is there anything this man can’t do? I’m not sure, but I do know that fans can expect more eclectically fresh beats and rhymes on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net Presents: The Push LP, set to hit our frontpage for streaming and free download on June 16.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)