Since Shane Eli‘s made his Booth debut back in mid-April, we’ve heard the Los Angeles rapper/producer craft everything from hater-baiting bangers, to mellow reflections on racial identity, to uplifting motivational anthems, to bittersweet chronicles of impossible love... but, can he also keep the club rocking? Well, yeah – as evidenced by I’m Different, the latest world premiere off Eli’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, he most definitely can. Over his own densely-layered blend of simmering synths and handclap percussion, the artist showcases his knack for lyrical stunting. As usual, though, he tempers his braggadocio and game-spitting with some real talk: “You fist-pump, you laugh, you get foolish / Cause bein’ you is exactly what cool is.” Is there anything this man can’t do? I’m not sure, but I do know that fans can expect more eclectically fresh beats and rhymes on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net Presents: The Push LP, set to hit our frontpage for streaming and free download on June 16.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.