Since Shane Eli‘s made his Booth debut back in mid-April, we’ve heard the Los Angeles rapper/producer craft everything from hater-baiting bangers, to mellow reflections on racial identity, to uplifting motivational anthems, to bittersweet chronicles of impossible love... but, can he also keep the club rocking? Well, yeah – as evidenced by I’m Different, the latest world premiere off Eli’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album, he most definitely can. Over his own densely-layered blend of simmering synths and handclap percussion, the artist showcases his knack for lyrical stunting. As usual, though, he tempers his braggadocio and game-spitting with some real talk: “You fist-pump, you laugh, you get foolish / Cause bein’ you is exactly what cool is.” Is there anything this man can’t do? I’m not sure, but I do know that fans can expect more eclectically fresh beats and rhymes on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net Presents: The Push LP, set to hit our frontpage for streaming and free download on June 16.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.