Shane Eli‘s reader-acclaimed debut full-length, The Push, has been available on our mixtape page for a minute now, but unlike, say, a gallon of milk from your local supermarket, good music stays fresh no matter how long you leave it out (which reminds me, I really oughtta clean out my fridge when I’m done here…). For proof, we present I Wonder, a standout track which finds the Los Angeles native (and freestyle series alum) reflecting on life, music, and the pursuit of big dreams. As usual, Eli flies solo, handling both production and mic duties. Over his own understated, piano-led boardwork, the artist meditates on the progress he’s made to date, expressing thanks for each new day and urging us to ignore those who advise us to set the bar low – in his own words: “Don’t let anyone tell you that it’ll never happen / you’re capable of anything you can imagine.” I Wonder is just one of many inspiring cuts on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net-sponsored freshman set, available here for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)