Shane Eli‘s reader-acclaimed debut full-length, The Push, has been available on our mixtape page for a minute now, but unlike, say, a gallon of milk from your local supermarket, good music stays fresh no matter how long you leave it out (which reminds me, I really oughtta clean out my fridge when I’m done here…). For proof, we present I Wonder, a standout track which finds the Los Angeles native (and freestyle series alum) reflecting on life, music, and the pursuit of big dreams. As usual, Eli flies solo, handling both production and mic duties. Over his own understated, piano-led boardwork, the artist meditates on the progress he’s made to date, expressing thanks for each new day and urging us to ignore those who advise us to set the bar low – in his own words: “Don’t let anyone tell you that it’ll never happen / you’re capable of anything you can imagine.” I Wonder is just one of many inspiring cuts on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net-sponsored freshman set, available here for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.