Shane Eli‘s reader-acclaimed debut full-length, The Push, has been available on our mixtape page for a minute now, but unlike, say, a gallon of milk from your local supermarket, good music stays fresh no matter how long you leave it out (which reminds me, I really oughtta clean out my fridge when I’m done here…). For proof, we present I Wonder, a standout track which finds the Los Angeles native (and freestyle series alum) reflecting on life, music, and the pursuit of big dreams. As usual, Eli flies solo, handling both production and mic duties. Over his own understated, piano-led boardwork, the artist meditates on the progress he’s made to date, expressing thanks for each new day and urging us to ignore those who advise us to set the bar low – in his own words: “Don’t let anyone tell you that it’ll never happen / you’re capable of anything you can imagine.” I Wonder is just one of many inspiring cuts on Shane Eli’s DJBooth.net-sponsored freshman set, available here for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 08/26/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.