After a streak of Booth-approved smashes like I’m a Winner and Taste of What’s to Come, it’s hard for me to imagine that fast-rising L.A. emcee/producer Shane Eli has many haters hoping for his downfall, but on his latest leak, the aptly-titled Haters, he proves once again that some people just can’t bear to witness success. Ironically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haters becomes Eli’s most polarizing track to date, mostly due to the boundary pushing blend of rock guitars, sharply snapping hip-hop drums and spacey synths he melds together to craft the beat. On the vocal tip Eli flows over the track with a bouncing, stuttering rhyme scheme he uses to address any criticism of his genre-pushing head on: “Try to tell me where my box is….stay off that rock s**t/but I’m not rockin I roll with the punches exhaustive.” If they’re hating now, just imagine how worked up the naysayers are going to get when Eli’s upcoming album DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, hits our homepage in June.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.