After a streak of Booth-approved smashes like I’m a Winner and Taste of What’s to Come, it’s hard for me to imagine that fast-rising L.A. emcee/producer Shane Eli has many haters hoping for his downfall, but on his latest leak, the aptly-titled Haters, he proves once again that some people just can’t bear to witness success. Ironically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haters becomes Eli’s most polarizing track to date, mostly due to the boundary pushing blend of rock guitars, sharply snapping hip-hop drums and spacey synths he melds together to craft the beat. On the vocal tip Eli flows over the track with a bouncing, stuttering rhyme scheme he uses to address any criticism of his genre-pushing head on: “Try to tell me where my box is….stay off that rock s**t/but I’m not rockin I roll with the punches exhaustive.” If they’re hating now, just imagine how worked up the naysayers are going to get when Eli’s upcoming album DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, hits our homepage in June.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.