After a streak of Booth-approved smashes like I’m a Winner and Taste of What’s to Come, it’s hard for me to imagine that fast-rising L.A. emcee/producer Shane Eli has many haters hoping for his downfall, but on his latest leak, the aptly-titled Haters, he proves once again that some people just can’t bear to witness success. Ironically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haters becomes Eli’s most polarizing track to date, mostly due to the boundary pushing blend of rock guitars, sharply snapping hip-hop drums and spacey synths he melds together to craft the beat. On the vocal tip Eli flows over the track with a bouncing, stuttering rhyme scheme he uses to address any criticism of his genre-pushing head on: “Try to tell me where my box is….stay off that rock s**t/but I’m not rockin I roll with the punches exhaustive.” If they’re hating now, just imagine how worked up the naysayers are going to get when Eli’s upcoming album DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, hits our homepage in June.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.