After a streak of Booth-approved smashes like I’m a Winner and Taste of What’s to Come, it’s hard for me to imagine that fast-rising L.A. emcee/producer Shane Eli has many haters hoping for his downfall, but on his latest leak, the aptly-titled Haters, he proves once again that some people just can’t bear to witness success. Ironically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haters becomes Eli’s most polarizing track to date, mostly due to the boundary pushing blend of rock guitars, sharply snapping hip-hop drums and spacey synths he melds together to craft the beat. On the vocal tip Eli flows over the track with a bouncing, stuttering rhyme scheme he uses to address any criticism of his genre-pushing head on: “Try to tell me where my box is….stay off that rock s**t/but I’m not rockin I roll with the punches exhaustive.” If they’re hating now, just imagine how worked up the naysayers are going to get when Eli’s upcoming album DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, hits our homepage in June.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!