Have you ever experienced a long night of drinking that resulted in uncertain feelings about the sketchy details from the night before? I’m not talking about waking up with Mike Tyson’s tiger like in The Hangover, I’m talking about waking up next to someone you shouldn’t get involved with, but couldn’t help yourself. Shane Eli is apparently familiar with such a situation and he tells us all about it on his new premiere Happiest Regret. On Happiest Regret, Shane reflects on romantically twisted relationships, bringing us deep inside the feelings and emotions running rampant through his mind and heart: “What’s right is wrong, you’re exactly what regret is for, this isn’t sex this is a night to settle scores.” Shane, of course, produced the ballad-esque, piano driven tune and enlists newcomer Kamilah Gibson to sing the beautifully soulful chorus and more, giving us a laid-back duet with a coffee shop vibe. Look out for Shane Eli to join our Freestyle Series, and of course check out his forthcoming project DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, available in June. We promise you won’t regret it.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.