Have you ever experienced a long night of drinking that resulted in uncertain feelings about the sketchy details from the night before? I’m not talking about waking up with Mike Tyson’s tiger like in The Hangover, I’m talking about waking up next to someone you shouldn’t get involved with, but couldn’t help yourself. Shane Eli is apparently familiar with such a situation and he tells us all about it on his new premiere Happiest Regret. On Happiest Regret, Shane reflects on romantically twisted relationships, bringing us deep inside the feelings and emotions running rampant through his mind and heart: “What’s right is wrong, you’re exactly what regret is for, this isn’t sex this is a night to settle scores.” Shane, of course, produced the ballad-esque, piano driven tune and enlists newcomer Kamilah Gibson to sing the beautifully soulful chorus and more, giving us a laid-back duet with a coffee shop vibe. Look out for Shane Eli to join our Freestyle Series, and of course check out his forthcoming project DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, available in June. We promise you won’t regret it.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.