Have you ever experienced a long night of drinking that resulted in uncertain feelings about the sketchy details from the night before? I’m not talking about waking up with Mike Tyson’s tiger like in The Hangover, I’m talking about waking up next to someone you shouldn’t get involved with, but couldn’t help yourself. Shane Eli is apparently familiar with such a situation and he tells us all about it on his new premiere Happiest Regret. On Happiest Regret, Shane reflects on romantically twisted relationships, bringing us deep inside the feelings and emotions running rampant through his mind and heart: “What’s right is wrong, you’re exactly what regret is for, this isn’t sex this is a night to settle scores.” Shane, of course, produced the ballad-esque, piano driven tune and enlists newcomer Kamilah Gibson to sing the beautifully soulful chorus and more, giving us a laid-back duet with a coffee shop vibe. Look out for Shane Eli to join our Freestyle Series, and of course check out his forthcoming project DJBooth.net Presents: The Push, available in June. We promise you won’t regret it.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.