In his Pensées, the French philosopher Blaise Pascal wrote, “We are fools to depend upon the society of our fellow-men. ...[T]hey will not aid us; we shall Die Alone.” Following February’s Prelude to a Kill, the second single off Shane Eli‘s next album finds him sharing some similarly-toned reflections on mortality. Featuring the artist’s cynical, cerebral bars, a moody instrumental co-produced by the headliner and Jon Pakfar, and guest vocals from indie R&B singer Jason Caesar, this cut has an appeal reminiscent of The Throne‘s acclaimed No Church in the Wild. Director Embryo complements the record’s cinematic vibe with a suspenseful official video. Enough Love currently lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grey Area" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.