From his childhood in violence and poverty-ridden Kingston, Jamaica to a bid on Riker’s Island for petty robbery, Shalone has been through much struggle and strife on his journey to figure out “Where I Belong.” Now based in Jersey and focusing on his burgeoning rap career, the emcee hooks up with Joell Ortiz to ponder how far he’s come, and the long road that lies ahead, on a freshly-released single. Produced by J.N.I.C.E., this gritty yet reflective banger is one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Shalone’s yet-unscheduled See Me Coming LP; keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.