From his childhood in violence and poverty-ridden Kingston, Jamaica to a bid on Riker’s Island for petty robbery, Shalone has been through much struggle and strife on his journey to figure out “Where I Belong.” Now based in Jersey and focusing on his burgeoning rap career, the emcee hooks up with Joell Ortiz to ponder how far he’s come, and the long road that lies ahead, on a freshly-released single. Produced by J.N.I.C.E., this gritty yet reflective banger is one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Shalone’s yet-unscheduled See Me Coming LP; keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)