From his childhood in violence and poverty-ridden Kingston, Jamaica to a bid on Riker’s Island for petty robbery, Shalone has been through much struggle and strife on his journey to figure out “Where I Belong.” Now based in Jersey and focusing on his burgeoning rap career, the emcee hooks up with Joell Ortiz to ponder how far he’s come, and the long road that lies ahead, on a freshly-released single. Produced by J.N.I.C.E., this gritty yet reflective banger is one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Shalone’s yet-unscheduled See Me Coming LP; keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.