Some people, if they don’t happen to be carrying an umbrella, duck inside at the slightest hint of precipitation. Booth newcomer Shaliek, on the other hand, prefers to revel in the elements. On his latest single, the Bronx-based R&B singer invites a special woman to weather the storm alongside him: “We can run for cover, or we can Dance in the Rain...so let’s just dance in the rain.” To accompany his passionate, falsetto-laced vocal performance, producer Chinostringss composes a lush instrumental driven by dreamy strings and ringing guitar chords. This ear-pleasing ballad is slated to appear on Shaliek’s Blood, Sweat & Tears LP, set to drop independently in April of 2014. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.