Some people, if they don’t happen to be carrying an umbrella, duck inside at the slightest hint of precipitation. Booth newcomer Shaliek, on the other hand, prefers to revel in the elements. On his latest single, the Bronx-based R&B singer invites a special woman to weather the storm alongside him: “We can run for cover, or we can Dance in the Rain...so let’s just dance in the rain.” To accompany his passionate, falsetto-laced vocal performance, producer Chinostringss composes a lush instrumental driven by dreamy strings and ringing guitar chords. This ear-pleasing ballad is slated to appear on Shaliek’s Blood, Sweat & Tears LP, set to drop independently in April of 2014. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)