Some people, if they don’t happen to be carrying an umbrella, duck inside at the slightest hint of precipitation. Booth newcomer Shaliek, on the other hand, prefers to revel in the elements. On his latest single, the Bronx-based R&B singer invites a special woman to weather the storm alongside him: “We can run for cover, or we can Dance in the Rain...so let’s just dance in the rain.” To accompany his passionate, falsetto-laced vocal performance, producer Chinostringss composes a lush instrumental driven by dreamy strings and ringing guitar chords. This ear-pleasing ballad is slated to appear on Shaliek’s Blood, Sweat & Tears LP, set to drop independently in April of 2014. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.