Some people, if they don’t happen to be carrying an umbrella, duck inside at the slightest hint of precipitation. Booth newcomer Shaliek, on the other hand, prefers to revel in the elements. On his latest single, the Bronx-based R&B singer invites a special woman to weather the storm alongside him: “We can run for cover, or we can Dance in the Rain...so let’s just dance in the rain.” To accompany his passionate, falsetto-laced vocal performance, producer Chinostringss composes a lush instrumental driven by dreamy strings and ringing guitar chords. This ear-pleasing ballad is slated to appear on Shaliek’s Blood, Sweat & Tears LP, set to drop independently in April of 2014. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases off the project.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.