Some people, if they don’t happen to be carrying an umbrella, duck inside at the slightest hint of precipitation. Booth newcomer Shaliek, on the other hand, prefers to revel in the elements. On his latest single, the Bronx-based R&B singer invites a special woman to weather the storm alongside him: “We can run for cover, or we can Dance in the Rain...so let’s just dance in the rain.” To accompany his passionate, falsetto-laced vocal performance, producer Chinostringss composes a lush instrumental driven by dreamy strings and ringing guitar chords. This ear-pleasing ballad is slated to appear on Shaliek’s Blood, Sweat & Tears LP, set to drop independently in April of 2014. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.