It’s pretty f**king hard to do justice to a song as beloved as Bob Marley’s One Love. That’s why, with her debut feature, singer/songwriter Sha’leah Nikole ain’t even trying. EP single Bob Marley (One Love) is not, as I initially assumed, a cover, but rather a new composition with a hook slyly referencing the reggae classic. THX mellow, midtempo R&B boardwork bangs in the back as the Los Angeles native lays out her situation. She’s got all the trappings of adulthood: a job, a car, a degree… Now she just needs that one special man to spend her life with. Whether or not this song connects her with the guy of her dreams, I have no doubt it’ll spark a long and happy relationship between Nikole and the DJBooth readership. If you’re loving it, stay tuned for further details on the unsigned songstress’s next EP, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.