It’s pretty f**king hard to do justice to a song as beloved as Bob Marley’s One Love. That’s why, with her debut feature, singer/songwriter Sha’leah Nikole ain’t even trying. EP single Bob Marley (One Love) is not, as I initially assumed, a cover, but rather a new composition with a hook slyly referencing the reggae classic. THX mellow, midtempo R&B boardwork bangs in the back as the Los Angeles native lays out her situation. She’s got all the trappings of adulthood: a job, a car, a degree… Now she just needs that one special man to spend her life with. Whether or not this song connects her with the guy of her dreams, I have no doubt it’ll spark a long and happy relationship between Nikole and the DJBooth readership. If you’re loving it, stay tuned for further details on the unsigned songstress’s next EP, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.