There was something Shakira was planning to do today, but it just isn’t coming to mind… Oh, right: the international pop star was going to not think about a certain man. If you haven’t guessed from the title of album lead single Can’t Remember to Forget You, carrying out that plan proves mighty difficult. Here, producer John Hill‘s reggae-infused boardwork bumps in the background as Shakira laments her inability to stop reliving rose-colored memories of an ex who did her wrong. Rihanna assists on the guest tip, sympathizing with her collaborator’s plight in a middle verse many will doubtless interpret as autobiographical. If you’re having as much trouble getting this song out of your head as Shakira is getting that guy out of hers, you’ll want to watch our pages for further details on her next album. The artist’s fourth English-language LP, the project currently awaits a title and release date.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Started" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.