There was something Shakira was planning to do today, but it just isn’t coming to mind… Oh, right: the international pop star was going to not think about a certain man. If you haven’t guessed from the title of album lead single Can’t Remember to Forget You, carrying out that plan proves mighty difficult. Here, producer John Hill‘s reggae-infused boardwork bumps in the background as Shakira laments her inability to stop reliving rose-colored memories of an ex who did her wrong. Rihanna assists on the guest tip, sympathizing with her collaborator’s plight in a middle verse many will doubtless interpret as autobiographical. If you’re having as much trouble getting this song out of your head as Shakira is getting that guy out of hers, you’ll want to watch our pages for further details on her next album. The artist’s fourth English-language LP, the project currently awaits a title and release date.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Started" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.