There was something Shakira was planning to do today, but it just isn’t coming to mind… Oh, right: the international pop star was going to not think about a certain man. If you haven’t guessed from the title of album lead single Can’t Remember to Forget You, carrying out that plan proves mighty difficult. Here, producer John Hill‘s reggae-infused boardwork bumps in the background as Shakira laments her inability to stop reliving rose-colored memories of an ex who did her wrong. Rihanna assists on the guest tip, sympathizing with her collaborator’s plight in a middle verse many will doubtless interpret as autobiographical. If you’re having as much trouble getting this song out of your head as Shakira is getting that guy out of hers, you’ll want to watch our pages for further details on her next album. The artist’s fourth English-language LP, the project currently awaits a title and release date.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Started" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.