In the music industry “love” songs come in all shapes and sizes, evolving over the years from Boyz 2 Men to Usher to R. Kelly and beyond (anyone remember Rick Astley? Me neither). In its purest form, however, the love song (and artist) manage to come full circle and create an ode worthy of its origins: a dedication to hip-hop itself. Enter Franklin Rossman, better known as The Incomparable Shakespeare (one of the most creative aliases I’ve seen to date), who’s created a tribute worthy of such weighty subject matter - Wonderwall. While producer Silver’s remixes the popular Oasis track, Shake oozes both sincerity (over the trials and tribulations he’s shared with the genre) and confidence (in the fact that he has something important to contribute to his beloved culture) over. This is the first leak from his new project, British Invasion, which listeners should welcome with open arms. Stay tuned to the Booth for more information.
Written by Sigurd on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.