In the music industry “love” songs come in all shapes and sizes, evolving over the years from Boyz 2 Men to Usher to R. Kelly and beyond (anyone remember Rick Astley? Me neither). In its purest form, however, the love song (and artist) manage to come full circle and create an ode worthy of its origins: a dedication to hip-hop itself. Enter Franklin Rossman, better known as The Incomparable Shakespeare (one of the most creative aliases I’ve seen to date), who’s created a tribute worthy of such weighty subject matter - Wonderwall. While producer Silver’s remixes the popular Oasis track, Shake oozes both sincerity (over the trials and tribulations he’s shared with the genre) and confidence (in the fact that he has something important to contribute to his beloved culture) over. This is the first leak from his new project, British Invasion, which listeners should welcome with open arms. Stay tuned to the Booth for more information.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare
Written by Sigurd on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.