In the music industry “love” songs come in all shapes and sizes, evolving over the years from Boyz 2 Men to Usher to R. Kelly and beyond (anyone remember Rick Astley? Me neither). In its purest form, however, the love song (and artist) manage to come full circle and create an ode worthy of its origins: a dedication to hip-hop itself. Enter Franklin Rossman, better known as The Incomparable Shakespeare (one of the most creative aliases I’ve seen to date), who’s created a tribute worthy of such weighty subject matter - Wonderwall. While producer Silver’s remixes the popular Oasis track, Shake oozes both sincerity (over the trials and tribulations he’s shared with the genre) and confidence (in the fact that he has something important to contribute to his beloved culture) over. This is the first leak from his new project, British Invasion, which listeners should welcome with open arms. Stay tuned to the Booth for more information.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.