Those who remembered to visit RefinedHype.com earlier today were treated to another brand new, exclusive joint from Brooklyn emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare. While New Music Tuesdays installment #11 has had a few hours to cool on the windowsill, it’s still Fresh as the moment it came out the oven. Don’t take it from me, though – give the cut a listen and find out for yourself. Over a bumping blend of sizzling synths and squelching bass by the CIA (that’s not a producer name, by the way; the entire Central Intelligence Agency got together to make this beat), Shake gives fans the lowdown on his fly wardrobe, chronicling his growth from a well-dressed youngster ( “Even as a shorty I was destined for stardom / Had the Hilfiger Rugbys with the crest at the bottom…”) to an even more dapper adult. This nostalgia-infused ode to Fresh fashion is set for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, The Remedial Course, which has yet to receive a release date. In the meantime, be sure to surf our sister site every Tuesday for future entries in Shakespeare’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.