Those who remembered to visit RefinedHype.com earlier today were treated to another brand new, exclusive joint from Brooklyn emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare. While New Music Tuesdays installment #11 has had a few hours to cool on the windowsill, it’s still Fresh as the moment it came out the oven. Don’t take it from me, though – give the cut a listen and find out for yourself. Over a bumping blend of sizzling synths and squelching bass by the CIA (that’s not a producer name, by the way; the entire Central Intelligence Agency got together to make this beat), Shake gives fans the lowdown on his fly wardrobe, chronicling his growth from a well-dressed youngster ( “Even as a shorty I was destined for stardom / Had the Hilfiger Rugbys with the crest at the bottom…”) to an even more dapper adult. This nostalgia-infused ode to Fresh fashion is set for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, The Remedial Course, which has yet to receive a release date. In the meantime, be sure to surf our sister site every Tuesday for future entries in Shakespeare’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.