Those who remembered to visit RefinedHype.com earlier today were treated to another brand new, exclusive joint from Brooklyn emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare. While New Music Tuesdays installment #11 has had a few hours to cool on the windowsill, it’s still Fresh as the moment it came out the oven. Don’t take it from me, though – give the cut a listen and find out for yourself. Over a bumping blend of sizzling synths and squelching bass by the CIA (that’s not a producer name, by the way; the entire Central Intelligence Agency got together to make this beat), Shake gives fans the lowdown on his fly wardrobe, chronicling his growth from a well-dressed youngster ( “Even as a shorty I was destined for stardom / Had the Hilfiger Rugbys with the crest at the bottom…”) to an even more dapper adult. This nostalgia-infused ode to Fresh fashion is set for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, The Remedial Course, which has yet to receive a release date. In the meantime, be sure to surf our sister site every Tuesday for future entries in Shakespeare’s ongoing series.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.