Those who remembered to visit RefinedHype.com earlier today were treated to another brand new, exclusive joint from Brooklyn emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare. While New Music Tuesdays installment #11 has had a few hours to cool on the windowsill, it’s still Fresh as the moment it came out the oven. Don’t take it from me, though – give the cut a listen and find out for yourself. Over a bumping blend of sizzling synths and squelching bass by the CIA (that’s not a producer name, by the way; the entire Central Intelligence Agency got together to make this beat), Shake gives fans the lowdown on his fly wardrobe, chronicling his growth from a well-dressed youngster ( “Even as a shorty I was destined for stardom / Had the Hilfiger Rugbys with the crest at the bottom…”) to an even more dapper adult. This nostalgia-infused ode to Fresh fashion is set for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, The Remedial Course, which has yet to receive a release date. In the meantime, be sure to surf our sister site every Tuesday for future entries in Shakespeare’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)