Those who remembered to visit RefinedHype.com earlier today were treated to another brand new, exclusive joint from Brooklyn emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare. While New Music Tuesdays installment #11 has had a few hours to cool on the windowsill, it’s still Fresh as the moment it came out the oven. Don’t take it from me, though – give the cut a listen and find out for yourself. Over a bumping blend of sizzling synths and squelching bass by the CIA (that’s not a producer name, by the way; the entire Central Intelligence Agency got together to make this beat), Shake gives fans the lowdown on his fly wardrobe, chronicling his growth from a well-dressed youngster ( “Even as a shorty I was destined for stardom / Had the Hilfiger Rugbys with the crest at the bottom…”) to an even more dapper adult. This nostalgia-infused ode to Fresh fashion is set for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming mixtape, The Remedial Course, which has yet to receive a release date. In the meantime, be sure to surf our sister site every Tuesday for future entries in Shakespeare’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.