Take it from someone who knows: there is so much music released on a daily basis that it can be overwhelming. Some songs are forgettable, but you are going to want to at least Remember to Remember Shad’s latest feature. It won’t be hard, though, because the record really packs a punch. Starting with producer Mike Tompkins‘s crashing rhythm section, which helps to set the tone for this potent cut. Justin Broadbent’s visuals, full of blacklights and other unique effects, also help to create an unforgettable experience. The beat and visuals are striking, but Shad’s performance on the mic is what really makes this cut unforgettable. His flow is calm, cool, and collected—a nice contrast to the potent beat and Lights‘s guest hook—but his lyrical content is anything but reserved. If Remember to Remember struck you like it did us, you can stream the artist’s latest album, Flying Colours, for free in The DJBooth.
Black Box Recordings Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.