Take it from someone who knows: there is so much music released on a daily basis that it can be overwhelming. Some songs are forgettable, but you are going to want to at least Remember to Remember Shad’s latest feature. It won’t be hard, though, because the record really packs a punch. Starting with producer Mike Tompkins‘s crashing rhythm section, which helps to set the tone for this potent cut. Justin Broadbent’s visuals, full of blacklights and other unique effects, also help to create an unforgettable experience. The beat and visuals are striking, but Shad’s performance on the mic is what really makes this cut unforgettable. His flow is calm, cool, and collected—a nice contrast to the potent beat and Lights‘s guest hook—but his lyrical content is anything but reserved. If Remember to Remember struck you like it did us, you can stream the artist’s latest album, Flying Colours, for free in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
Black Box Recordings Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.