You can’t accuse Shad of a lack of ambition. On his first Booth feature, the Toronto repper shoots for a Flawless performance and comes pretty damn close (by my estimation), lacing Frank Dukes’ bruising sample work with hyperkinetic rhymes referencing everything from State Farm Insurance to Ricki Lake’s weight. Like what you’re hearing? For more fresh tunes from Canada’s hottest hip-hop talents (including Kardinal Offishall, Marco Polo and more), check out the Real Frequency Collective‘s The New North compilation, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/2/11
Submit your Rating
Black Box Recordings Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.