Previously heard contributing guest bars to records by Born Unique (Easy Like Sunday), Ruste Juxx (The Walking Dead) and DV (Time Is Now), Shabaam Sahdeeq makes his solo Booth debut with a single likely to turn listeners into full-blown addicts after just one listen. Yes, it’s That Dope. DJ Skizz handles production on this street-certified cut, crafting an ominous, synth-laced beat complete with a hook sampled from Nas‘s classic Street Dreams. The headliner’s grimy bars come sandwiched between 16s from two fellow Brooklyn representatives; inveterate pimp Wais P contributes an opener filled with grimy block talk, and Sha Stimuli gets introspective on the back end. Sahdeeq’s Keepers of the Lost Art LP is slated to drop via Below System April 22, at which point it will be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.