According to Soren Kierkegaard, a Christian can only claim to have faith in God if his or her belief is subject to doubt. After all, if you’re one-hundred percent certain, it’s not really faith, is it? If the Danish philosopher were alive today, he’d have mad respect for NYC spitter Sha Stimuli, who puts his own religion’s doctrines and practices under the microscope on new single Who Do I Pray To? Over Agor‘s soul-sampled production, the rapper ponders a number of unsettling possibilities—what if the Bible were just a ruse cooked up by the devil to keep victims of oppression content with their chains? What if Islam has it right? What if there’s no higher power out there at all? Whatever your creed (or lack thereof), his bars offer plenty of food for thought. Fans can find this cut and much more on Stimuli’s The Upper Room EP, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.