According to Soren Kierkegaard, a Christian can only claim to have faith in God if his or her belief is subject to doubt. After all, if you’re one-hundred percent certain, it’s not really faith, is it? If the Danish philosopher were alive today, he’d have mad respect for NYC spitter Sha Stimuli, who puts his own religion’s doctrines and practices under the microscope on new single Who Do I Pray To? Over Agor‘s soul-sampled production, the rapper ponders a number of unsettling possibilities—what if the Bible were just a ruse cooked up by the devil to keep victims of oppression content with their chains? What if Islam has it right? What if there’s no higher power out there at all? Whatever your creed (or lack thereof), his bars offer plenty of food for thought. Fans can find this cut and much more on Stimuli’s The Upper Room EP, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.