According to Soren Kierkegaard, a Christian can only claim to have faith in God if his or her belief is subject to doubt. After all, if you’re one-hundred percent certain, it’s not really faith, is it? If the Danish philosopher were alive today, he’d have mad respect for NYC spitter Sha Stimuli, who puts his own religion’s doctrines and practices under the microscope on new single Who Do I Pray To? Over Agor‘s soul-sampled production, the rapper ponders a number of unsettling possibilities—what if the Bible were just a ruse cooked up by the devil to keep victims of oppression content with their chains? What if Islam has it right? What if there’s no higher power out there at all? Whatever your creed (or lack thereof), his bars offer plenty of food for thought. Fans can find this cut and much more on Stimuli’s The Upper Room EP, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.